Thursday 10 February 2011

Keeping it local

Heeley city farm are providing us with bags of clay. Becca and Rachael are collecting these this morning, by car (...oops!), but the City farm still counts as local source right?
... I also raided two skips in Crookes yesterday, full of earth.  Got myself a shovel from the Catholic chaplaincy and some strong bin liners from Pete Williams.
Little did I know that, in an evening raid on the skip on Springvale Road,  I was being watched. Out of the darkness the figure emerged. It turned out to be builder John Beattie (not to be confused with ex-Blades forward James Beattie). I told him what we're about and he couldn't be more happy to help. He promises 4-5 bags of proper clay subsoil by next week.
Result!

1 comment:

  1. ...and hemp + straw were purchased from the local pet shop in Broomhill. I also phoned 3 local farmers for their provision of goats hair / manure (but no avail). But I did find and collect glass fragments from the roadside on Crookesmoor road. All in a day's work for group C4 :P

    ReplyDelete